START HERE. Please read this first.
WCOVA TimeBank is for individuals and small local organizations living or located in Washington County, Virginia and the City of Bristol, Virginia! Persons under 18 must participate through an adult member. We cannot accept anyone who has been convicted of a felony or a crime involving violence, drugs, sexual misconduct or dishonesty. If you have any criminal conviction, you must disclose it to a TimeBank coordinator who will keep a written record of it in our confidential membership files.
Joining and using WCOVA TimeBank is easy! Follow these 3 easy steps:
Step 1 - Click "Join" in the Login box on the left side of the home page. Fill in your name, e-mail address, and your choice of a password and then click “Apply for membership.” Organizations should click the box for "Organization."
Step 2 - After you "Apply for membership," you'll receive an e-mail requiring you to verify your e-mail address. (Please check your spam folder if you don't see it quickly.) Please verify your e-mail address within 24 hours of receiving this e-mail. After verifying your e-mail address, you'll be taken to the "Profile Status" page to complete your profile. You can also login later to complete your profile.
Step 3 - Complete orientation by either attending a group orientation or by doing the orientation online. After you complete orientation, sign our Member Agreement, and pay your annual membership fee (sliding scale of $10 - $20), your account will be activated. Organizations will need to complete our Membership Application for Organizations/Member Agreement and Release of Liability and pay annual dues on a sliding scale of $15 - $25.
Please read the Member Handbook here. We'll give you a printed copy at the orientation.
Start using the TimeBank!
Login to the TimeBank and
- If you haven't already completed your member profile, complete it.
- Post some offers for things you enjoy doing and/or are willing to do for other members. Your offers will automatically generate entries for you in the "Timebankers' talents" section of the website.
- Post some requests, for services or skills that you are looking for.
- Record any exchanges that you have made with other timebank members.
For help using this website, you may view and download the Navigation Guide by clicking this link: Navigation Guide. You may also get help with any page, by clicking on the "?" at the top right of the page which will take you to the help guide for that page.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built to strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from other members about the requests or offers you've posted.
- After you've communicated with a member and determined that a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements (date and time) for the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and, if you provided the service, login to your account to record the exchange.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Enjoy getting help when you need it and making new connections in our community!!